Sunday, March 18, 2007

Monday Musings: Looking to the Future

Because we didn't have adult forum, I can't use Fritz's handout as a cheat sheet for my Monday Musings post (my usual mode of operation). This means that I have to write about whatever I came away with this week. This can be dangerous. I've been known to speak my mind when I should really keep my mouth shut. I'm thinking this might be one of those times. Fortunately, Fritz can come and read what I've written and delete it.

Here's this week's question:

Where do you think God is leading Community Presbyterian Church, and what are you willing to do to get us there?

Maybe having a thousand people show up at our block party is scary. But wouldn't it be amazing? Fritz does tend to exaggerate, of course. But if we keep doing it, keep inviting people, keep making reaching out part of our mission, maybe his ginormous vision can eventually become reality.

Maybe, if we listen for God's direction and are courageous enough to act on it, Community Presbyterian Church will become "a churning cauldron of the Holy Spirit."

Now that's scary.

No comments: