On Tuesday night the Session discussed what as a congregation we might do differently if each Sunday we anticipated that visitors would be joining us. After just a brief discussion we came up with the following list:
- We would be on time to church
- We would have someone at the door to welcome people
- We would have a "host" for the service
- We would be sure to introduce each other to guests
- We would "freshen up" the space, children's activity bags, etc.
The Session also decided to make Advent 2010 a time of intentional inviting and welcoming others into our worship and our congregational activities. If we do that, we need to get ready.
What would you do differently if you knew visitors were coming to church? Leave your thoughts in the comments.